The Different Characteristics among Different Caster Wheels
◆ Polyurethane (PU) casters
Polyurethane commonly known as Eureka glue, spring glue, full name: polyurethane or isocyanate polymer. Polyurethane is a kind of elastomer between plastic and rubber, its excellent comprehensive properties are common plastic and rubber do not have.
1. Characteristics of polyurethane casters
The elastomer of polyurethane casters has good properties such as abrasion resistance, chemical erosion resistance, high strength, high elasticity, low pressure resistance, strong shock absorption, tear resistance, radiation resistance, high load bearing and shock absorption buffer. Polyurethane wheels also have a wide range of hardness, from Shaw A10-100.
There are already products on the market that surpass Shaw A100 and above. In addition, polyurethane casters have excellent sound absorption characteristics, wheels in the process of movement does not produce noise, can achieve a silent effect. These characteristics of PU wheel are very suitable for casters.
2, polyurethane casters can use a variety of processing methods:
(1) Polyurethane casters can be molded by injection, extrusion, calendering, blow molding and other processes (referring to CPU), just like ordinary plastics;
(2) Polyurethane castor elastomer can also be molded with universal rubber by plasticizing, mixing and curing process (MPU);
(3) Polyurethane casters can also be made into liquid rubber, pouring molding or spraying, potting, centrifugal molding (referring to CPU).
3. The use environment of polyurethane casters:
Suitable for use on a variety of surfaces; Widely used in the medical industry, food processing industry, factory handling, warehousing logistics, machinery manufacturing, etc.; The operating temperature range is between -35 ℃ and 80℃.
◆ Polypropylene (PP) casters
PP plastic, chemical name: polypropylene. PP heat resistance is the best, its thermal deformation temperature is 80-100℃, can be cooked in boiling water, has good stress cracking resistance line, has a high bending fatigue life, commonly known as “100 fold glue”, good toughness, good chemical resistance.
1, the advantages of polypropylene casters
(1) non-toxic and tasteless, belonging to environmental protection materials, recyclable;
(2) with oil resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance and other characteristics, common acid, alkali and other organic solvents almost have no effect on it;
(3) with rigid toughness, fatigue resistance, stress cracking resistance and other characteristics, its performance is not affected by humidity environment;
(4) It has the advantage of low price.
2. The use environment of polypropylene casters:
Suitable for use on a variety of surfaces; Widely used in factory handling, warehousing logistics, machinery manufacturing and other industries; The operating temperature range is -15~80℃.
◆ Nylon (PA) casters
Nylon,Polyamide, or PA, is a plastic made of polyamide resins. Such resins can be prepared by polycondensation of diamine and diacid, or by ring-opening polymerization of lactam formed after dehydration of amino acids.
1, the advantages of nylon PA casters
(1) High mechanical strength, good toughness, high tensile and compressive strength;
(2) the absorption capacity of impact and stress vibration is strong, and the impact strength is much higher than that of general plastics;
(3) high softening point, heat resistance, can be used at 150℃ for a long time; The thermal deformation temperature of high temperature nylon casters reinforced by glass fiber can reach more than 250℃.
(4) Smooth surface, small friction coefficient, wear resistance, low noise, outstanding fatigue resistance;
(5) Self-extinguishing, non-toxic, odorless, good weather resistance, inert to biological erosion, good antibacterial, mildew resistance.
2. Use environment of nylon casters:
Suitable for use on a variety of surfaces; Widely used in factory handling, warehousing logistics, machinery manufacturing and other industries; Usually used temperature range between -35~180℃; High temperature resistant nylon can be used in a high temperature environment of 250℃.
◆ Artificial rubber (TPR) casters
Artificial rubber is thermoplastic elastomer, is a kind of material with rubber and thermoplastic characteristics, can be as fast as thermoplastic, effective, economic processing rubber products, artificial rubber said.
Artificial rubber casters have the following remarkable properties:
1, excellent damping performance, can better protect equipment, goods and floor;
2, excellent impact resistance, far beyond the cast iron core rubber wheel; High shape memory performance, when the equipment is placed under load for a long time, the wheel is not easy to deform;
3, the operation is quiet, no noise; Non corrosive, resistant to most chemical solvents, water and steam;
4. Excellent wear resistance, comparable to polychlorinated grease wheel; The strong chemical structure of the tread ensures that the equipment can operate flexibly and rotate freely.
5, puncture resistance, can be used on the ground with metal iron filings, gravel and so on.